Skip to main content

Balikbayan Invasion - Day 2

Friday, Aug 15, was when most of our guests arrived. This was also one of our busiest days.

We met the new arrivals, composed of Vic's relatives on his father's side, at a luncheon organized by FIL's staff. It was nice to see familiar faces. We had lots of stories to catch up on, specially about what transpired after Tito Lerm's death. We can feel the tension between the wives as they chose to sit in different tables. Unfortunately, the food wasn't enough to distract us. However, the crispy lechon skin was distracting enough.

As usual, the dessert selection wasn't much of a big deal. Rice cakes and an overly-sweet chocolate cake simply won't do.

---------------

As we were preparing for our evening affair, we received news that Tita Ellen couldn't be woken up from her sleep. She was previously complaining of a stomach ache. We were afraid that it was caused by something we ate the previous day. Worse, we were thinking about more serious ailments like what Mike Arroyo had that started only with gastritis. She was instantly brought to the nearest hospital for immediate medical attention. It took her a few more hours before she was roused from her sleep. We were all waiting to hear developments but we couldn't. They are incommunicado because they had no cell phone with them. Hay.

Vic and BIL Eric went to the hospital for moral support. They could've been there earlier if not for the bad weather and flooding.

Her kids flew in to be with her. They arrived last Sunday. I am glad that her estranged husband was there too, at the time she needed him most. I bet she's thinking that they're one big happy family once more.

----------------

Friday was also the day of my high school friend's wedding. With the busy day we had, I chose not to attend the ceremony itself. I just headed straight to the reception to catch up with the rest of my high school friends. It looks like I arrived just in time because the people from the church just started coming in. Again, it was all due to the Friday night traffic, payday rush and uncooperative weather.

I couldn't remember what I had from the main buffet. However, I do recall how much I took pleasure from the dessert buffet.

We wanted to have our picture taken at the photo booth but the line was always too long. When it was short enough, they said that they couldn't extend their service to us anymore.

It was nice seeing my old friends. Leng is on the family way. Citaw is enjoying single-hood. Aby and boyf are back together. Anne still has issues with some school mates in the other table. Cha and Beh are still together. We all decided to meet up in December for Citaw's birthday. She'll be the first one in the group to reach the big 3-0.

---------------

Since nothing else can be done at the hospital, Vic and Eric went to Club Mwah to attend an asalto (Encarta definition: a party given as a surprise for somebody) in his Dad's honor. A trip that would usually take less than hour naturally took nearly two hours.

Apparently, the show was really good. The show girls/gays were very entertaining. Even the kids were delighted. I hope to see it some other time.

Told you, it was a busy day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excited

That is how I felt when I got up from bed this morning. There are just so many things to do and to look forward to this week. I'd have to... ... get hold of CCP to discuss a possible tie-up for the next Three Festival. I may need to get some contacts from Tito Bal. ... get the space application form from Ayala Malls. ... visit the furniture fair at SMX this weekend. ... get a new copy of our marriage certificate for Vic's Visa renewal. ... obtain franchise terms from my top two food chains. ... interview the new househelp prospect. ...see if we can finally sell our SUV to make room for a bigger one. I hope I can get started soon. I hope Javi's yaya gets well right away so I can slip and get some of these done.

Luxury Bags in Japan

Since almost everyone I know visited Japan this summer, I would like re-live my visit this year through this post.  This time, I will focus on luxury bags. We've heard about the usual reseller shops that house these luxury brands.  The one I can remember now is Daikokuya. I must've visited almost all reseller shops I've seen on the road.  I've noticed that these shops carry the top 3 popular ones:  Hermes, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.  There still are several pieces of Balenciaga, Valentino, Tory Burch, Celine, Gucci and Michael Kors but not as abundant as the top 3.  I guess what carries the most value are the three popular ones. If you are looking for cheap designer bags, I suggest checking out Don Quixote.  You will usually find on the topmost floors on Donki.  I think this is the one in Shinjuku. I am not so sure. You find them arranged like this or inside locked glass cabinets.  I'm sure the artisans who made these bags will turn in their graves seein

Life Lately

For several months now, my husband and I have been juggling the EV importing business and this ambulatory center we are putting up.  In August, we hosted a grand birthday party for FIL, received balikbayans then sent them off.  The kids started school in August too.  Did I say that their schools are quite far from each other? It has been a busy past few months.  I am not used to waking up early every morning to bring the kids to school then head off to work.  I am starting to feel tired.   It is an adjustment.  At first, I was enjoying being an "empty nester" when all kids are in school.  But now that work is piling up, I miss those quiet times at home.   I am so looking forward to having a vacation soon. I need to recharge.