Skip to main content

An Exercise for the Will

Vic and I spent last weekend in Hong Kong for our much needed break. As parents of three kids aged three and below, we need to find time to be together as a couple. * We left the kids with my parents.

I went to HK with a list in mind. I was set on buying a bag (again), or a watch plus some clothes and shoes for the kids. I already had a list of stores I am planning to visit. I wanted to go to Macau because the big hotels weren't there when I last visited the place. I wanted to go the Peak also. But, Vic didn't want to. He just waited while I shopped. Sometimes, we went our separate ways so he can get his toys.

Nakakahiya, we didn't do anything touristy in this trip. It was basically a shopping trip. Okay lang. We didn't get to do much of that last time. I was deprived of shopping last time I was in HK. So, pardon me if I don't have any pictures to show you.

Day 1:

As soon as we've checked in, we had some money changed to the local currency, had lunch at a local hole-in-the-wall then we hit the stores. First stop was the VIP station for THE bags. They had the Balenciaga I wanted but not in the color I liked. I put off the purchase. I was able to compare prices among the VIP stations in Haiphong. At least, I knew how much I'd put aside for that big purchase.

Next was H&M. Nakakalowka! There were shirts being sold at HK$79. The scarves were nice too. I got several shirts for my mother and sister, and several items for the kids. Afterwards, I headed to the Harbour City for Toys R Us and Mothercare. We got all the stuff for the kids in there. We just got several toys and Toy Story merchandise.

With all the pasalubongs bought, we went back to our hotel (Novotel) to unload the stuff and to relieve myself. I still needed to express milk for Bettina.

That night, we had dinner at the Spaghetti House near Mongkok. It was a satisfying dinner though I had better. Sayang, it was expensive pa naman. I was telling Vic that if an Italian had dinner there, he'd throw a fit. Hehehe.

We then hit the stores. The Ladies Market didn't have much to offer. I went back to Giordano and Bossini while Vic got his lens and phone. At 9PM, we were ready to go back to our hotel.

Nakakatawa, I had only two hours of sleep the previous night and a power nap in the plane. But, I managed to stay awake to finish the task at hand: shopping.

Day 2

Thanks to my Accor hotel membership, Vic and I got to dine at the hotel for the price of one. The buffet was pretty simple and pretty much DIY. Apart from the variety of breads, cereals, and fruits, the spread had ham, bacon, sausage, eggs, roasted tomatoes and garlic rice. We also served ourselves coffee, tea and juices. The water they offered wasn't even iced. Service could've been better. On the other hand, it was okay considering that we're paying HK$130 for the two of us.

Citygate Outlets in Tungchung was the first stop in our itinerary. Giordano and Esprit offered the greatest deals. The other shops were still expensive. Crocs is cheaper there so I got several pairs for the kids. Vic scored a pair, too. I was hoping to get a pair of shoes that day also. But, I wasn't lucky.

We finished the whole complex in three hours. We took the MTR back to the hotel to have lunch and unload our stuff. After a quick rest, we were off to Central. Vic wanted to go the HK side because we were always on the Kowloon side. I wanted to go there because the Balenciaga boutique can be found in Landmark.

I went inside the Balenciaga boutique just to compare prices with the items at the VIP station. The styles and colors were tempting but it wasn't in the combination I was hoping for. I went out with nothing. The SA, who was eager to make a sale, gave me his card just in case I change my mind.

We stepped out of Landmark and made our way to Marks and Spencer near Lan Kwai Fong. They had the desserts I was looking for.

Dinner was at another Chinese restaurant along Lan Kwai Fong. We were back at the hotel by 8. I could've gone to the nearby night markets but the bed looked more tempting.


Day 3

Hearing mass was the first order of the day. We went to the Rosary Church in Chatham Rd South. This was also the day we make all our last minute purchases: Royce chocolates, Bee Cheng Hiang for the Bakwa and maybe that big purchase I've been putting off. If we had time, I could probably get some items from Uniqlo, Zara or Nine West. Unfortunately, most stores open at 10:30. We needed to be back at the hotel by 11:30 to check out. Bummer! We ended up getting only the first two items. Zara was a disappointment. Shangri-la had more stocks.

We didn't have to buy an extra piece of luggage after all.

In the airport, I looked around for items I can buy to finish off the local currency in my pocket. I could've bought a pair of designer sunglasses but I'm already late for boarding.

I flew back to Manila with my EQ is still intact. I bought items because I really wanted them. Plus, I still have several dollar bills to deposit into our dollar account. I am proud of myself.

---------------------

*Nah! That's just an excuse. I've been itching to go out of the country since my last pregnancy. I've been pestering Vic until he gave in. I wanted to bring the kids to Disneyland. Vic said I'd have to bring a yaya if we're bringing both Johann and Javi. So, we ended up going, just the two of us.

Comments

jusme.

shopping kung shopping.

kakalurkey!

Popular posts from this blog

Excited

That is how I felt when I got up from bed this morning. There are just so many things to do and to look forward to this week. I'd have to... ... get hold of CCP to discuss a possible tie-up for the next Three Festival. I may need to get some contacts from Tito Bal. ... get the space application form from Ayala Malls. ... visit the furniture fair at SMX this weekend. ... get a new copy of our marriage certificate for Vic's Visa renewal. ... obtain franchise terms from my top two food chains. ... interview the new househelp prospect. ...see if we can finally sell our SUV to make room for a bigger one. I hope I can get started soon. I hope Javi's yaya gets well right away so I can slip and get some of these done.

Luxury Bags in Japan

Since almost everyone I know visited Japan this summer, I would like re-live my visit this year through this post.  This time, I will focus on luxury bags. We've heard about the usual reseller shops that house these luxury brands.  The one I can remember now is Daikokuya. I must've visited almost all reseller shops I've seen on the road.  I've noticed that these shops carry the top 3 popular ones:  Hermes, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.  There still are several pieces of Balenciaga, Valentino, Tory Burch, Celine, Gucci and Michael Kors but not as abundant as the top 3.  I guess what carries the most value are the three popular ones. If you are looking for cheap designer bags, I suggest checking out Don Quixote.  You will usually find on the topmost floors on Donki.  I think this is the one in Shinjuku. I am not so sure. You find them arranged like this or inside locked glass cabinets.  I'm sure the artisans who made these bags will turn in their graves seein

Life Lately

For several months now, my husband and I have been juggling the EV importing business and this ambulatory center we are putting up.  In August, we hosted a grand birthday party for FIL, received balikbayans then sent them off.  The kids started school in August too.  Did I say that their schools are quite far from each other? It has been a busy past few months.  I am not used to waking up early every morning to bring the kids to school then head off to work.  I am starting to feel tired.   It is an adjustment.  At first, I was enjoying being an "empty nester" when all kids are in school.  But now that work is piling up, I miss those quiet times at home.   I am so looking forward to having a vacation soon. I need to recharge.