Skip to main content

Time Flies

 In a couple of weeks, we're entering the last quarter of 2024.  Has it been that long since I blogged?  I can't believe that I just published one entry in this blog.

It was all a blur.  I am still running the EV business and the eye clinic, apart from singing and motherhood.

We bagged a major client and are still in the process of fulfilling the order.  Our major supplier still has problems with the production schedule and it has caused major hiccups down the line.  I am praying and staying hopeful that we will be able to redeem ourselves.

The eye clinic celebrated its first anniversary.  We have helped a lot of less-fortunate people, to say the least.  I am thankful that we are earning and helping at the same time.   I am quite satisfied that we can also give livelihood to well-deserving people.  There is still room for growth but we are not being greedy. Our partners have plans of expanding to other areas.  But this is still up for review.  

We've been asked to be more active in our local parish.  It has been a major adjustment for us.  But we are grateful that our service has been reciprocated with graces and friendship.  

There are travel plans for my choir next year.  Everything is still so vague.  I am heading the tour committee but I will be delegating a lot more responsibilities to willing volunteers.  Madaming bibo this time.  It is so refreshing to have so many youngins (Gen Z? term) who want to be involved.  It used be just the same group of people.  Funding will still be a challenge.  Casting will be a challenge too, knowing that there are many eager members who will fill in limited slots.  

On the family front, the kids are quite independent.  As a parent, I have more time to devote on other things besides family.  Johann drives himself to school now.  Javi and Joaquin are now picked up and dropped off at the house.  Only Bettina needs to be brought to the carpool terminal.  It is liberating.  Our weekends as a family are still quite busy.  Sundays are still difficult.  This needs a separate post.  

As for me, I am up for a medical check up.  I had stones blasted out of my ureter in the first quarter.  I am not sure if it was effective since didn't go back for a follow-up. Drinking 2-3L of water is still difficult for me. I am clear on the OB-Gyn side.  Mammo and Utz are up next.  I am thinking of undergoing a calcium score diagnostic test done considering our family history of cardio diseases.  Financially speaking, we are more comfortable now.  Emotionally, it has been a rollercoaster ride.  A lot of willpower was used to combat stressors to focus on what needs to be accomplished.  

As we draw the 9th month of year to a close, I am quite grateful that HE has empowered me to be here in spite of everything.  I'm different from who I was last year.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excited

That is how I felt when I got up from bed this morning. There are just so many things to do and to look forward to this week. I'd have to... ... get hold of CCP to discuss a possible tie-up for the next Three Festival. I may need to get some contacts from Tito Bal. ... get the space application form from Ayala Malls. ... visit the furniture fair at SMX this weekend. ... get a new copy of our marriage certificate for Vic's Visa renewal. ... obtain franchise terms from my top two food chains. ... interview the new househelp prospect. ...see if we can finally sell our SUV to make room for a bigger one. I hope I can get started soon. I hope Javi's yaya gets well right away so I can slip and get some of these done.

Luxury Bags in Japan

Since almost everyone I know visited Japan this summer, I would like re-live my visit this year through this post.  This time, I will focus on luxury bags. We've heard about the usual reseller shops that house these luxury brands.  The one I can remember now is Daikokuya. I must've visited almost all reseller shops I've seen on the road.  I've noticed that these shops carry the top 3 popular ones:  Hermes, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.  There still are several pieces of Balenciaga, Valentino, Tory Burch, Celine, Gucci and Michael Kors but not as abundant as the top 3.  I guess what carries the most value are the three popular ones. If you are looking for cheap designer bags, I suggest checking out Don Quixote.  You will usually find on the topmost floors on Donki.  I think this is the one in Shinjuku. I am not so sure. You find them arranged like this or inside locked glass cabinets.  I'm sure the artisans who made these bags will turn in their graves seein

Peacher Grapes

Last weekend, we were invited to PAREF Rosefield's Open House. We've been meaning to formalize our intent to enroll Johann there. It was a great opportunity for us to know more about how the school is run and how it differs from other schools. The Orientation affirmed what we believe, that the parents are the primary educators. They also share the same values that we'd like to foster in our kids. Their method of instruction is not too limitting . It seems to have the right mix of structured and unstructured instruction. We were also informed that the kids got into the big schools of their choice. That speaks well of their effectiveness as a school. I also like the fact that they give formation and skills classes to yayas while they're waiting for their alagas to finish class. -------------------- We brought Johann with us so he'd be more familiar with the faces and the school grounds. There was one kid who wanted to drag him to the play area. She was