Skip to main content

The Highs and Lows of Last Week

Even though I don't have work to keep me on a schedule, I was on-the-go almost everyday of last week. There were lots of commitments concerning the THREE Festival and the joint celebration of last Saturday. Here are the highlights of the week:

Johann's school party. We were supposed to celebrate with his classmates on the day before his birthday. However, he got sick. So, I cancelled my arrangements and moved the celebration to the following school day. Last Monday, I brought homemade cupcakes (Martha Stewart's choco chip cupcake with chocolate ganache) and pancakes for the class' recess. I failed to document the simple celebration because I forgot to bring a camera with me. Apparently, there was one waiting for me in the backseat. Darn!

Gram's Diner. I tried it and I wasn't disappointed. The whopper malt and the philly cheese steak were very good. I think I'll try it out with Vic next time we're in the area.

Parallel parking. I rarely parallel park. I usually look for a space that would allow me to park the usual way. This time I did it in one try. Napapalakpak ako sa dali.

CCP. The ACS officially signed an agreement with CCP for the use of the Main Theater for the THREE festival. With the discount we got, we got the theater for less than 50% of our original budget.

Rotary Partnership. The ACS presented a project proposal to the Rotary Club of Rockwell. Their response was quite favorable though we have to iron out the details to protect both interests.

Incommunicado. Just when I was expecting a lot of calls, my SIM card conks out.

Traffic mishap. I bumped Vic's car into an old delivery truck while stuck in traffic near CP Garcia. I was distracted by my phone's condition that I didn't notice the car inching forward. Good thing, I only broke the glass cover of the plate number.

Javi's accident. This was the most horrid experience of the week. I arrived home from our meeting with CCP and I was greeted with the information that Javi broke his two front teeth. Apparently, he stumbled and his face fell flat on the floor. Hay, nakakapanghina. I can't imagine how painful it was/is for him. The first two nights following the accident were difficult. He couldn't suck his thumb or drink from his bottle. It was one of those if-only-I-could-suffer-for-you moments.

Joint party. Bettina was baptized last Saturday. We also partied for Johann's 3rd birthday. The details of that celebration will be for another blog entry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excited

That is how I felt when I got up from bed this morning. There are just so many things to do and to look forward to this week. I'd have to... ... get hold of CCP to discuss a possible tie-up for the next Three Festival. I may need to get some contacts from Tito Bal. ... get the space application form from Ayala Malls. ... visit the furniture fair at SMX this weekend. ... get a new copy of our marriage certificate for Vic's Visa renewal. ... obtain franchise terms from my top two food chains. ... interview the new househelp prospect. ...see if we can finally sell our SUV to make room for a bigger one. I hope I can get started soon. I hope Javi's yaya gets well right away so I can slip and get some of these done.

Luxury Bags in Japan

Since almost everyone I know visited Japan this summer, I would like re-live my visit this year through this post.  This time, I will focus on luxury bags. We've heard about the usual reseller shops that house these luxury brands.  The one I can remember now is Daikokuya. I must've visited almost all reseller shops I've seen on the road.  I've noticed that these shops carry the top 3 popular ones:  Hermes, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.  There still are several pieces of Balenciaga, Valentino, Tory Burch, Celine, Gucci and Michael Kors but not as abundant as the top 3.  I guess what carries the most value are the three popular ones. If you are looking for cheap designer bags, I suggest checking out Don Quixote.  You will usually find on the topmost floors on Donki.  I think this is the one in Shinjuku. I am not so sure. You find them arranged like this or inside locked glass cabinets.  I'm sure the artisans who made these bags will turn in their graves seein

Life Lately

For several months now, my husband and I have been juggling the EV importing business and this ambulatory center we are putting up.  In August, we hosted a grand birthday party for FIL, received balikbayans then sent them off.  The kids started school in August too.  Did I say that their schools are quite far from each other? It has been a busy past few months.  I am not used to waking up early every morning to bring the kids to school then head off to work.  I am starting to feel tired.   It is an adjustment.  At first, I was enjoying being an "empty nester" when all kids are in school.  But now that work is piling up, I miss those quiet times at home.   I am so looking forward to having a vacation soon. I need to recharge.