Skip to main content

Manila Ocean Park IMHO

Summer has begun and I am not liking the idea that I can't bring my two boys anywhere to escape the heat. I am about to pop and I can't take long drives. I figured, we'll explore what's in Manila. I thought the Ocean Park was a good idea to waste the afternoon away.

I haven't been to the Ocean Park in HK so I didn't know what to expect. But, I have been to Ocean Adventure in Subic and to Sea World in San Diego.

Adults pay 450 to enter. Kids above 2ft pay 350. Kids below 2ft may enter for free. Taj mahal in my opinion.The yayas were left outside, by the entrance, so they can eat lunch while the Daddy and Mama take the kids in their strollers. We got through the main entrance with no problems. After several fish tanks, it seemed that we had to take the stairs to get to the other side.

Hmmm. Parang di ata good idea if this attraction was meant for kids. We asked around and found out that there's another door we can pass through. Buti na lang.

There were a large variety of marine animals that caught our attention. There were manta/sting rays, sharks and different kinds of fish. I was hoping to find dolphins and other forms of marine life (sponges, corals and aquatic plants) on display also. We also didn't get to see the mermaids.


On the other hand, I was pleased to find that there were lots of seats provided for people who'd want to take their time exploring the place. I also liked the effect of putting the displays in dimly lit areas. The sun shone too brightly that we can't clearly see the marine animals, only our reflection.

The kids loved the sharks and the underwater tunnel. Most of the people hang out in there because the A/C is cooler in that area.

I just find the place confusing because they had signs for lifts but they are out-of-order. Luckily, ushers were there to assist us in lugging the kids strollers up the stairs. It'll be a much friendlier attraction if it were handicap-friendly.

In the end, I was disappointed that we finished exploring the place in less than an hour.

---------------

Makansutra - The Asian Food Village

Patterned after the food village in Singapore, this place offers a variety Malay cuisine. I wanted to find out if the reviews about the place were true.

To play it safe, we ordered food that was familiar to us: Kung Pao Chicken(Vic's), Nasi Goreng with Satay(mine), Pad Thai (kids') and Roti with Curry Dip.

The food was quick to arrive. The serving size was smaller than I expected.

Again, I expected too much. I hoped that it would fare better than Banana Leaf. Again, I was disappointed. Everything had chili in it, even the Pad Thai. Javi liked the first taste of the noodle dish but realized soon after that it had a bite. Johann liked the fried rice too but it was "anghang" daw. He asked for several spoonfuls but kept drinking his water. Hehe.

No wonder the place didn't have too many diners. The Oceano by Tamayo's was much more patronized by the visitors.

----------------

Overall, I'd call it a disappointing "attraction," if there is such a thing. It is definitely not worth the price.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excited

That is how I felt when I got up from bed this morning. There are just so many things to do and to look forward to this week. I'd have to... ... get hold of CCP to discuss a possible tie-up for the next Three Festival. I may need to get some contacts from Tito Bal. ... get the space application form from Ayala Malls. ... visit the furniture fair at SMX this weekend. ... get a new copy of our marriage certificate for Vic's Visa renewal. ... obtain franchise terms from my top two food chains. ... interview the new househelp prospect. ...see if we can finally sell our SUV to make room for a bigger one. I hope I can get started soon. I hope Javi's yaya gets well right away so I can slip and get some of these done.

Luxury Bags in Japan

Since almost everyone I know visited Japan this summer, I would like re-live my visit this year through this post.  This time, I will focus on luxury bags. We've heard about the usual reseller shops that house these luxury brands.  The one I can remember now is Daikokuya. I must've visited almost all reseller shops I've seen on the road.  I've noticed that these shops carry the top 3 popular ones:  Hermes, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.  There still are several pieces of Balenciaga, Valentino, Tory Burch, Celine, Gucci and Michael Kors but not as abundant as the top 3.  I guess what carries the most value are the three popular ones. If you are looking for cheap designer bags, I suggest checking out Don Quixote.  You will usually find on the topmost floors on Donki.  I think this is the one in Shinjuku. I am not so sure. You find them arranged like this or inside locked glass cabinets.  I'm sure the artisans who made these bags will turn in their graves seein

Life Lately

For several months now, my husband and I have been juggling the EV importing business and this ambulatory center we are putting up.  In August, we hosted a grand birthday party for FIL, received balikbayans then sent them off.  The kids started school in August too.  Did I say that their schools are quite far from each other? It has been a busy past few months.  I am not used to waking up early every morning to bring the kids to school then head off to work.  I am starting to feel tired.   It is an adjustment.  At first, I was enjoying being an "empty nester" when all kids are in school.  But now that work is piling up, I miss those quiet times at home.   I am so looking forward to having a vacation soon. I need to recharge.