Skip to main content

S&R Craziness

Right after breakfast this morning, Vic and I trooped to S&R to get some items. I wanted to stock up on items for the rainy days. Another reason is this...

Needless to say, it was full of people panic-buying and people taking advantage of the good deals. Our carts barely had space to go around. There were lots of buy 1, take 1 items like sheets sets, pillow cases, bath sponges and dinner candles. I got several of the Martha Stewart candles (P29, buy 1 take 1) for the coming Undas. Sunbeam knife sets with stand were sold at P350. Vic was disappointed that the Webber outdoor grill he wanted was no longer available.

One big boo-boo of the day was the Hagen Daaz strawberry ice cream that we thought was only P300. I was scanning my receipt earlier, only to find out that we paid WAY more than that. The promo tag was VERY misleading. As soon as I got back, I called the store to have them check the item at the shelf.

Best buys from today:
> Lifetime foldable tables at P2000.
> Martha Stewart candles at P29, buy 1 take 1
> Campbell's Fat Free Mushroom soup at P59

As we were driving out, I told Vic that we made most out of the membership fee. On second thought, going in there really made us spend more than planned. Wholesale shopping has that effect on us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luxury Bags in Japan

Since almost everyone I know visited Japan this summer, I would like re-live my visit this year through this post.  This time, I will focus on luxury bags. We've heard about the usual reseller shops that house these luxury brands.  The one I can remember now is Daikokuya. I must've visited almost all reseller shops I've seen on the road.  I've noticed that these shops carry the top 3 popular ones:  Hermes, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.  There still are several pieces of Balenciaga, Valentino, Tory Burch, Celine, Gucci and Michael Kors but not as abundant as the top 3.  I guess what carries the most value are the three popular ones. If you are looking for cheap designer bags, I suggest checking out Don Quixote.  You will usually find on the topmost floors on Donki.  I think this is the one in Shinjuku. I am not so sure. You find them arranged like this or inside locked glass cabinets.  I'm sure the artisans who made these bags will tu...

Great Finds for the New Year

I'm always excited to try out new products.  I've tried these new products and found them to be very satisfactory.  I hope you get to try these out too. 1. Soap and Glory's Clarity - I was about to become Rudolf, the reindeer, before I found this.  It stopped my zit from becoming a full-blown center-of-attraction.  It has a very refreshing smell that is very much needed after a sweating it out the whole day.  Available at Sephora stores. 2.  Mocha Rose by Rosebud Perfume Co -  If you like the Rosebud Salve balms that come in small tin pods, you will love this product.  It comes in an easy-open tube for convenience and effortless application.  The application tip has a velvety texture unlike most balms in a tube.  More importantly, the balm is so effective, it took out the dryness on my lips in a couple of applications.  Also available at Sephora stores.  ...

Gratitude Calendar 11/5

  I have always been afraid of the dark.  But growing up and becoming a parent, I have learned to overcome that (along with other fears), so that my children will not grow up fearing trivial things.