Skip to main content

21-22-23-24

I just want to remember every bit of this busy Christmas season.  It was extra busy this year, juggling two businesses, a 70th birthday party, a wedding and Christmas.  Sometimes, I really wonder how am I still standing.

Looking back, a few days after the festivities, it is really the busyness of the season that makes it special and memorable.

21:  We had a singing engagement at the Tamarind St. residence of the T family.  I was a bit distracted because of Tita Tessie's condition.  David looked distraught.  I called Vic several times to send reinforcements to SLGC.  We thought she wouldn't make it till the next morning.

22:  I woke up early for the morning mass then spent the rest of the morning finishing up Mama's cake for her party.  Then, Vic and I visited Tita Tessie at the hospital.  Vic was dealing with customs requirements while I was having my hair done.  I sang for Kuya Jopet and Ate Love's wedding.  I sang everything.  There were hits and misses, but I am most proud of the impromptu Aba Ginoong Maria.  I almost got recruited to perform in Vegas.  Jusmio.  

They served lechon during cocktails.  We were all pleasantly surprised to see Ate Belle at the wedding.  The desserts at the reception weren't impressive.  We drank and partied the night away.  It was my first time to try gin.  It hit hard but I was sane after a few hours.  We could have stayed longer, if not for Mama's party the following day.

23:  I literally hosted the party because my siblings prefer being in the background.  I baked the cake, chose the menu, entertained guests, etc... Kulang na lang ako ang celebrant.  It was a simple party of friends and family celebrating my mother's 70th.  We had no structure, no seat plan, we had impromptu games and prizes. The Mercury Drug GCs were a hit.  We could've celebrated on the 20th, but it fell on a weekday.  It was a success, judging by how happy the celebrant was. 

A few hours later, I headed to Ateneo for the annual Christmas concert, Simbang Gabi and the ACS Christmas party.

24:   I opted out of the Sunday breakfast since I really needed more sleep. The plan was to sleep, but my mind was frantic about Noche Buena.  This was the only time I could finish up wrapping gifts and prepping our food for the Noche Buena potluck. 

By 9am, all gifts wrapped and sorted, I  still needed to get gifts for 4 people.  Thankfully, there's a nearby mall where I could get do a quick grocery run and marathon gift-shopping.  Doing grocery shopping with no menu in mind, is really pointless.  

I was back at home by 1pm.  There's still time to make a Tiramisu, a nacho dip, order Amare pizzas and a short nap before we leave for Kapitolyo.  By 6:30pm, we were eating dinner.  By 9:30pm, we are already exchanging gifts in Marikina. 

So, there! Writing it all down felt like I was living it once again.  Napagod ulit ako.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excited

That is how I felt when I got up from bed this morning. There are just so many things to do and to look forward to this week. I'd have to... ... get hold of CCP to discuss a possible tie-up for the next Three Festival. I may need to get some contacts from Tito Bal. ... get the space application form from Ayala Malls. ... visit the furniture fair at SMX this weekend. ... get a new copy of our marriage certificate for Vic's Visa renewal. ... obtain franchise terms from my top two food chains. ... interview the new househelp prospect. ...see if we can finally sell our SUV to make room for a bigger one. I hope I can get started soon. I hope Javi's yaya gets well right away so I can slip and get some of these done.

Luxury Bags in Japan

Since almost everyone I know visited Japan this summer, I would like re-live my visit this year through this post.  This time, I will focus on luxury bags. We've heard about the usual reseller shops that house these luxury brands.  The one I can remember now is Daikokuya. I must've visited almost all reseller shops I've seen on the road.  I've noticed that these shops carry the top 3 popular ones:  Hermes, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.  There still are several pieces of Balenciaga, Valentino, Tory Burch, Celine, Gucci and Michael Kors but not as abundant as the top 3.  I guess what carries the most value are the three popular ones. If you are looking for cheap designer bags, I suggest checking out Don Quixote.  You will usually find on the topmost floors on Donki.  I think this is the one in Shinjuku. I am not so sure. You find them arranged like this or inside locked glass cabinets.  I'm sure the artisans who made these bags will turn in their graves seein

Life Lately

For several months now, my husband and I have been juggling the EV importing business and this ambulatory center we are putting up.  In August, we hosted a grand birthday party for FIL, received balikbayans then sent them off.  The kids started school in August too.  Did I say that their schools are quite far from each other? It has been a busy past few months.  I am not used to waking up early every morning to bring the kids to school then head off to work.  I am starting to feel tired.   It is an adjustment.  At first, I was enjoying being an "empty nester" when all kids are in school.  But now that work is piling up, I miss those quiet times at home.   I am so looking forward to having a vacation soon. I need to recharge.