Skip to main content

Acceptance Rather Than Denial

Omicron hit home.  We got exposed to a family member.  Vic showed symptoms 2 days after exposure.  My eldest exhibited symptoms  the following day, without fever.  5 days after exposure, I am waiting for my symptoms to make themselves known.  Still, I am assuming that I am also positive.

I admit, I couldn't grasp the thought of having it in our home.  My primary concern was my unvaccinated children.  Though what we got was mild, there still is no certainty how my unvaccinated children will react to this strain.  

I tried to prepare for it as soon as we heard that our primary exposure tested positive.  I put all our meds in place, I tried to gather information from those with unvaccinated patients, planned our meals, briefed the whole household on what to expect.  This way, we can limit the impact of these adjustments.  Personally, having all these in place made it easier for me to have a sense of control.  Managing the situation gave me a little piece of sanity.  I do not want to be frazzled because my whole family will break down if they see me breaking down.

Did I mention that both sides of our family got the virus simultaneously? It was one of those kaloka days.

What kept me grounded? The fact that this was milder and that this will eventually end the pandemic kept me grounded.  It was just one of those difficult, but inevitable phases in life that we need to go through. I just had to accept it like tooth extraction or appendix removal.

Once I was past the anxiety stage, I was able to sleep better.  I was able to plan out our living arrangements.  I have set up a mini-pantry on the second level.  I have figured out a water - source and I am on the verge of setting up a portable cooking area.    

Since our isolation period started, I've laid out a mattress in the common area where I've been sleeping.  This has been an extension of my room anyway, so most of my items are within reach.  

-----------------

Isolation will really affect you in the head.  I am thankful that we all have our anti-social devices to keep us connected and entertained. 

Isolation also makes us yearn physical contact.  I am yearning to hug every member of my family.   I hope I isolated them in time.   I am kinda glad that the 3 younger children are forced to build a bond. They are enjoying their independence now.  It is an exercise on responsibility too. That is the other silver lining in this situation.  It makes all these things easier to understand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excited

That is how I felt when I got up from bed this morning. There are just so many things to do and to look forward to this week. I'd have to... ... get hold of CCP to discuss a possible tie-up for the next Three Festival. I may need to get some contacts from Tito Bal. ... get the space application form from Ayala Malls. ... visit the furniture fair at SMX this weekend. ... get a new copy of our marriage certificate for Vic's Visa renewal. ... obtain franchise terms from my top two food chains. ... interview the new househelp prospect. ...see if we can finally sell our SUV to make room for a bigger one. I hope I can get started soon. I hope Javi's yaya gets well right away so I can slip and get some of these done.

Luxury Bags in Japan

Since almost everyone I know visited Japan this summer, I would like re-live my visit this year through this post.  This time, I will focus on luxury bags. We've heard about the usual reseller shops that house these luxury brands.  The one I can remember now is Daikokuya. I must've visited almost all reseller shops I've seen on the road.  I've noticed that these shops carry the top 3 popular ones:  Hermes, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.  There still are several pieces of Balenciaga, Valentino, Tory Burch, Celine, Gucci and Michael Kors but not as abundant as the top 3.  I guess what carries the most value are the three popular ones. If you are looking for cheap designer bags, I suggest checking out Don Quixote.  You will usually find on the topmost floors on Donki.  I think this is the one in Shinjuku. I am not so sure. You find them arranged like this or inside locked glass cabinets.  I'm sure the artisans who made these bags will turn in their graves seein

Life Lately

For several months now, my husband and I have been juggling the EV importing business and this ambulatory center we are putting up.  In August, we hosted a grand birthday party for FIL, received balikbayans then sent them off.  The kids started school in August too.  Did I say that their schools are quite far from each other? It has been a busy past few months.  I am not used to waking up early every morning to bring the kids to school then head off to work.  I am starting to feel tired.   It is an adjustment.  At first, I was enjoying being an "empty nester" when all kids are in school.  But now that work is piling up, I miss those quiet times at home.   I am so looking forward to having a vacation soon. I need to recharge.