Skip to main content

Christmas Traditions

As much as I do not love the rush, the heavy traffic, the expenses and mindless eating that comes with this season, it is still my most favorite time of year.  It seems that everyone is in a good mood.  People do not mind the busyness of the season.

For a decade now, our Christmases are always spent with our extended families.  It has always been a big, happy gathering though short.  We'd spent the first few hours of  Christmas eve with my husband's side of the family.  The remaining part of the evening will be with my side of the family.
Christmas morning is difficult because we still have to wake up early for Christmas Day mass and brunch.   My eldest is 12 years old now and my children have been used to that arrangement.  Maybe, when we're older, we'd change this tradition.

This year I introduced something new.  I initiated a bible reading session before bedtime.  We'd read one chapter before our evening prayers.  Hopefully, this will make us spiritually-ready for our Lord.

Another thing I started last year was the Advent Calendar.  I brought home chocolate-filled calendars from one of my travels.  This year we bought them locally.  How I wish there are available Advent Calendars for Adults.

One thing I would like to continue are the Christmas concerts at the mall and at the Church of the Gesù.  Family and friends, old and new, would gather to sing carols to bring in the festive mood.

==================

With that, I leave you with this.  It is one of the many meaningful songs I've come across for the season.  It is by our National Artist for Music, Mr. C.

Heto na naman tayo muling nagkasama
taon-taon na lamang tayo'y nagkikita
at kahit 'di nagkaka-usap ng anong tagal pa
Pag nagkaharap-harap ang saya-saya

May ilan sa atin na hindi makakarating
At may ilan pa sa kanilang 'di na makapipiling
ngunit kahit wala sila ay parang nand'yan pa rin
dahil sila ay na aandidyan sa pusonatin

Isang taong lumipas, isang taong dumaan
may tumaba, may pumayat, may nagtampuhan
may nagkabati, may nagsama't hiwalayan
kaya andami-dami nating kwentuhan

Isang taong lumipas, isang taong dumaan
may nadagdag sa atin, mayro'n ding nabawasan
ngunit sa dinami ng mga taong pinagsamahan
t'wing pasko tayo at tayo pa rin lamang


-->

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luxury Bags in Japan

Since almost everyone I know visited Japan this summer, I would like re-live my visit this year through this post.  This time, I will focus on luxury bags. We've heard about the usual reseller shops that house these luxury brands.  The one I can remember now is Daikokuya. I must've visited almost all reseller shops I've seen on the road.  I've noticed that these shops carry the top 3 popular ones:  Hermes, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.  There still are several pieces of Balenciaga, Valentino, Tory Burch, Celine, Gucci and Michael Kors but not as abundant as the top 3.  I guess what carries the most value are the three popular ones. If you are looking for cheap designer bags, I suggest checking out Don Quixote.  You will usually find on the topmost floors on Donki.  I think this is the one in Shinjuku. I am not so sure. You find them arranged like this or inside locked glass cabinets.  I'm sure the artisans who made these bags will tu...

Great Finds for the New Year

I'm always excited to try out new products.  I've tried these new products and found them to be very satisfactory.  I hope you get to try these out too. 1. Soap and Glory's Clarity - I was about to become Rudolf, the reindeer, before I found this.  It stopped my zit from becoming a full-blown center-of-attraction.  It has a very refreshing smell that is very much needed after a sweating it out the whole day.  Available at Sephora stores. 2.  Mocha Rose by Rosebud Perfume Co -  If you like the Rosebud Salve balms that come in small tin pods, you will love this product.  It comes in an easy-open tube for convenience and effortless application.  The application tip has a velvety texture unlike most balms in a tube.  More importantly, the balm is so effective, it took out the dryness on my lips in a couple of applications.  Also available at Sephora stores.  ...

Gratitude Calendar 11/5

  I have always been afraid of the dark.  But growing up and becoming a parent, I have learned to overcome that (along with other fears), so that my children will not grow up fearing trivial things.