Skip to main content

Hello 2019




                                                                           *photo not mine


I've put a lot on hold in the past few months.  Because of that competition/junket tour, which I have yet to blog about, my list of to dos has grown.  I've prayed fervently for guidance and discernment.  I guess, it is now up to me to get things started. 

Last year, I realized that I should start investing my time on things and people who would value my input.  I've started discarding things that do not "spark joy," as Marie Kondo puts it.  That included people, because I need inspiring people to propel me forward. 

This year, I am going to be more deliberate in executing my plans.  I have plans for personal development (skill-wise and health-wise),  financial independence and improved family life.  Heck, I've even made travel itineraries even if there's no travel date in mind.

I am putting it out there in the universe because the universe will help me achieve my goals.  I also aim to be more in control of things I can control. 

With that in mind, I am sharing these guiding principles I've shared with my children. 
1)  If you do not go after what you want, you will never have it.
2)  If you do not ask, the answer will always be NO.
3)  If yo not step forward, you will always be in the same place.

Let's get it done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luxury Bags in Japan

Since almost everyone I know visited Japan this summer, I would like re-live my visit this year through this post.  This time, I will focus on luxury bags. We've heard about the usual reseller shops that house these luxury brands.  The one I can remember now is Daikokuya. I must've visited almost all reseller shops I've seen on the road.  I've noticed that these shops carry the top 3 popular ones:  Hermes, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.  There still are several pieces of Balenciaga, Valentino, Tory Burch, Celine, Gucci and Michael Kors but not as abundant as the top 3.  I guess what carries the most value are the three popular ones. If you are looking for cheap designer bags, I suggest checking out Don Quixote.  You will usually find on the topmost floors on Donki.  I think this is the one in Shinjuku. I am not so sure. You find them arranged like this or inside locked glass cabinets.  I'm sure the artisans who made these bags will tu...

Great Finds for the New Year

I'm always excited to try out new products.  I've tried these new products and found them to be very satisfactory.  I hope you get to try these out too. 1. Soap and Glory's Clarity - I was about to become Rudolf, the reindeer, before I found this.  It stopped my zit from becoming a full-blown center-of-attraction.  It has a very refreshing smell that is very much needed after a sweating it out the whole day.  Available at Sephora stores. 2.  Mocha Rose by Rosebud Perfume Co -  If you like the Rosebud Salve balms that come in small tin pods, you will love this product.  It comes in an easy-open tube for convenience and effortless application.  The application tip has a velvety texture unlike most balms in a tube.  More importantly, the balm is so effective, it took out the dryness on my lips in a couple of applications.  Also available at Sephora stores.  ...

Gratitude Calendar 11/5

  I have always been afraid of the dark.  But growing up and becoming a parent, I have learned to overcome that (along with other fears), so that my children will not grow up fearing trivial things.