Skip to main content

Year-End Trip 2014

Our holiday celebration wouldn't be complete without a year-end trip.  I suppose the FIL got tired of our previous destinations so he decided to take us to Dubai.  It was a good thing because the kids were getting tired of those destinations too.  I was afraid that there'll be nothing to do but shop and I am trying to veer them away from consumerism.  

Luckily, PAL came out with promo fares last February to introduce the new destination.  I couldn't believe that adult promo fares were cheaper than full-price child fare.  Because we got promo tickets, we had to leave and arrive in Manila on a weekday.  

It was also a coincidence that one of SEPI's clients owns a travel agency.  He was the one who took care of our day trips.  We also had a van and a driver at our disposal during our whole stay.  To give you an idea, this was our working itinerary:

Day 1:  Arrival in Dubai.  The flight took 9 hours and it ate up our whole day.  We arrived at the hotel in the evening.  We stayed at Cassels al Barsha, a hotel near Mall of the Emirates.

Day 2:  AM City Tour - Jumeirah Beach, The King's official Palace, Gold Souk and other famous landmarks
             PM Tour - Desert Safari (Dune bashing, camel rides and BBQ at the desert)

Day 3:   Shopping at Dubai Outlet Mall, Evening River Cruise, Mall of the Emirates

Day 4: Abu Dhabi for the Grand Mosque and Ferrari World

Day 5:  Aquaventure at Atlantis

Day 6:  Shopping at Dubai Mall 

Day 7:  Departure for Manila


Dubai is a nice destination to learn about the Muslims and their culture.  It is an open city that is quite progressive despite the strong hold on customs and traditions.   It has a nice mix of the old and the new.  It is perfect for retail therapy too, specially if you visit during the Dubai Shopping Festival.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luxury Bags in Japan

Since almost everyone I know visited Japan this summer, I would like re-live my visit this year through this post.  This time, I will focus on luxury bags. We've heard about the usual reseller shops that house these luxury brands.  The one I can remember now is Daikokuya. I must've visited almost all reseller shops I've seen on the road.  I've noticed that these shops carry the top 3 popular ones:  Hermes, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.  There still are several pieces of Balenciaga, Valentino, Tory Burch, Celine, Gucci and Michael Kors but not as abundant as the top 3.  I guess what carries the most value are the three popular ones. If you are looking for cheap designer bags, I suggest checking out Don Quixote.  You will usually find on the topmost floors on Donki.  I think this is the one in Shinjuku. I am not so sure. You find them arranged like this or inside locked glass cabinets.  I'm sure the artisans who made these bags will tu...

Great Finds for the New Year

I'm always excited to try out new products.  I've tried these new products and found them to be very satisfactory.  I hope you get to try these out too. 1. Soap and Glory's Clarity - I was about to become Rudolf, the reindeer, before I found this.  It stopped my zit from becoming a full-blown center-of-attraction.  It has a very refreshing smell that is very much needed after a sweating it out the whole day.  Available at Sephora stores. 2.  Mocha Rose by Rosebud Perfume Co -  If you like the Rosebud Salve balms that come in small tin pods, you will love this product.  It comes in an easy-open tube for convenience and effortless application.  The application tip has a velvety texture unlike most balms in a tube.  More importantly, the balm is so effective, it took out the dryness on my lips in a couple of applications.  Also available at Sephora stores.  ...

Gratitude Calendar 11/5

  I have always been afraid of the dark.  But growing up and becoming a parent, I have learned to overcome that (along with other fears), so that my children will not grow up fearing trivial things.