Skip to main content

Travel Tour Expo 2011

I went to SMX on the first day. The objective was to scout for the most economical fare for our upcoming trips: Europe in July and US in May. Our plan was to decide over the weekend and purchase tickets on Sunday, if needed.

For Europe these were our options:
1. Avail of the Etihad-Eurail bundle for $1100. This offer was our priority because Etihad gave us the cheapest round-trip fare online. In addition to that, the Eurail pass will cover our transpo for our side-trips. The only problem was the people didn't know if the promo covers our travel dates.

2. Cathay Pacific flights to EU for $900. We need to book for this flight on the last day of the Expo.

For the US trip, the cheapest I could get was also USD1000+. I heard of the PAL and AA tie-up for East-Coast or Midwest destinations. Unfortunately, the promotion is only valid for connecting flights. Since we plan to spend a few days in the West before moving to another state, di pwede.

For Asian Destinations, there were lots of affordable offers. Most of what I saw were land-arrangement packages only. Very few offered packages with round-trip airline tickets. Buti na lang, since I have no budget for those.

Yesterday, after my sister's birthday lunch, I asked Vic to drop me off at SMX. I met up with my travel companions so we can decide and purchase tickets. After quickly comparing the rates, we ended up getting the Cathay flight. Bayad na lang kulang. We have a week to complete the payment.

-----------------

I'd like to share with you some tips to make your trip to the next TTE more convenient:

1. It is really good to go events like the TTE if you already have a date and destination in mind. It keeps in you in track. There are just too many temptations.

2. Do your research prior to the event. This will give you an idea if you are better off buying online or through an agent or during the fare.

3. Come in groups. The lines at the major agencies and airlines are quite long so it is best to split up by area. It took me 30 minutes just to get a quotation for my upcoming trips.

4. If you are travelling in groups of 10 or more, it's best to notify the agent to avail of group discounts.

5. Be flexible with your travel dates. The chances of getting your preferred travel date are slim knowing that promo seats are limited per flight.

Comments

piafacundo said…
Cutty! check out delta! they always have promos :)
CathyCE said…
Thanks Pia! I got the email you forwarded.
Deepa said…
Galing Cathy and congrats on the great deal you guys got! I don't think you would have needed the Eurail passes anyway.
Bette said…
There is only one thing better than shopping in Hong Kong, and that's eating. From small noodle joints to upscale French restaurant, you will locate all sorts of restaurant, eating hall and snack stall on earth in Hong Kong. Here I found small amount of Hong-Kong-styled snacks online (yummiexpress.freetzi.com). This is definitely a good choice before I have $ for another trip.

Popular posts from this blog

Excited

That is how I felt when I got up from bed this morning. There are just so many things to do and to look forward to this week. I'd have to... ... get hold of CCP to discuss a possible tie-up for the next Three Festival. I may need to get some contacts from Tito Bal. ... get the space application form from Ayala Malls. ... visit the furniture fair at SMX this weekend. ... get a new copy of our marriage certificate for Vic's Visa renewal. ... obtain franchise terms from my top two food chains. ... interview the new househelp prospect. ...see if we can finally sell our SUV to make room for a bigger one. I hope I can get started soon. I hope Javi's yaya gets well right away so I can slip and get some of these done.

Luxury Bags in Japan

Since almost everyone I know visited Japan this summer, I would like re-live my visit this year through this post.  This time, I will focus on luxury bags. We've heard about the usual reseller shops that house these luxury brands.  The one I can remember now is Daikokuya. I must've visited almost all reseller shops I've seen on the road.  I've noticed that these shops carry the top 3 popular ones:  Hermes, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.  There still are several pieces of Balenciaga, Valentino, Tory Burch, Celine, Gucci and Michael Kors but not as abundant as the top 3.  I guess what carries the most value are the three popular ones. If you are looking for cheap designer bags, I suggest checking out Don Quixote.  You will usually find on the topmost floors on Donki.  I think this is the one in Shinjuku. I am not so sure. You find them arranged like this or inside locked glass cabinets.  I'm sure the artisans who made these bags will turn in their graves seein

Life Lately

For several months now, my husband and I have been juggling the EV importing business and this ambulatory center we are putting up.  In August, we hosted a grand birthday party for FIL, received balikbayans then sent them off.  The kids started school in August too.  Did I say that their schools are quite far from each other? It has been a busy past few months.  I am not used to waking up early every morning to bring the kids to school then head off to work.  I am starting to feel tired.   It is an adjustment.  At first, I was enjoying being an "empty nester" when all kids are in school.  But now that work is piling up, I miss those quiet times at home.   I am so looking forward to having a vacation soon. I need to recharge.