Skip to main content

Johann's Creative Class

Yesterday was Johann's first day of summer classes. I enrolled him at Rosefield's summer program. It is a short course that lasts one-and-a-half hours. This was Johann's third visit to the school so he is quite familiar with the place already. We've gone around but he hasn't been inside the classrooms.

Before entering the classroom, students and aides are required to remove their shoes. Johann didn't want to remove his even after several minutes of showing him where to put it and showing him that other kids wore socks inside the rooms. Everybody else was encouraging him to come inside but he refused. I was forced to carry him inside and to stay with him throughout the session.

Once inside, he didn't sit with the kids. But he answered when Teacher asked him a question. He even showed off his knowledge of circles and butterflies.

The session started with a prayer. It is followed by a short story then a song-and-dance activity. They were also given a sheet of paper where they were encouraged to scribble. Afterwards, they were given Oreos to break into smaller pieces. The teacher said they were going to make milkshakes. They were allowed to pour the other ingredients into the blender and operate the blender.

As the rest of the class were enjoying their drinks, my little boy is enjoying stirring the milkshake with his straw. He first thought it was mango shake. Later on, the mango shake became "putik." Juskoduday, napaghahalatang jologs ang anak ko.

Before we knew it, it was time to end the session with a prayer.

I was fortunate enough to be allowed in the classroom to observe and take part in the session. The kids are also taught to fall in line and to let the girl pupils go first. Kids are encouraged to wash their hands and to pack away their stuff.

I also noticed that some kids are more independent than the others. A 4y/o girl was so nice and welcoming, I'd nominate her for Little Ms. Congeniality. Another kid was accompanied by his mom but he was fending for himself. He fed himself sandwich while sitting in the corner. I wish that in a few more sessions, Johann could be more settled like him. Another kid was holding onto me as if I was his mother. He kept on grabbing my hand that was supposedly guiding Johann. I bet he wishes his mom was there with him.

Compared to them, my son is kinda rough. He kept on jerking the parachute and tipping the small monoblock chairs. He has pushed away the teaching aide whenever she tries to approach him. If only I can find a way for Johann to be less rough towards others. I guess, it is time to put some order into my kid's routines. It doesn't help that he can boss his yaya around.

It is just a pity that another mom can't let go of her cellphone even for just an hour and a half. I can say the same with the yaya, who was talking on the phone while the teacher was telling a story. How disrespectful!

I would love to share pictures with you but I failed to bring a camera. I'd be sure to bring one next time.

-----------------

We are planning to send him to the same pre-school so this short summer course will familiarize him with the teaching staff, surroundings and travel time. Hopefully, we'd be able to establish a routine before the regular school year starts. If all goes well, first-day jitters won't be a problem once the school year starts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Excited

That is how I felt when I got up from bed this morning. There are just so many things to do and to look forward to this week. I'd have to... ... get hold of CCP to discuss a possible tie-up for the next Three Festival. I may need to get some contacts from Tito Bal. ... get the space application form from Ayala Malls. ... visit the furniture fair at SMX this weekend. ... get a new copy of our marriage certificate for Vic's Visa renewal. ... obtain franchise terms from my top two food chains. ... interview the new househelp prospect. ...see if we can finally sell our SUV to make room for a bigger one. I hope I can get started soon. I hope Javi's yaya gets well right away so I can slip and get some of these done.

Luxury Bags in Japan

Since almost everyone I know visited Japan this summer, I would like re-live my visit this year through this post.  This time, I will focus on luxury bags. We've heard about the usual reseller shops that house these luxury brands.  The one I can remember now is Daikokuya. I must've visited almost all reseller shops I've seen on the road.  I've noticed that these shops carry the top 3 popular ones:  Hermes, Chanel and Louis Vuitton.  There still are several pieces of Balenciaga, Valentino, Tory Burch, Celine, Gucci and Michael Kors but not as abundant as the top 3.  I guess what carries the most value are the three popular ones. If you are looking for cheap designer bags, I suggest checking out Don Quixote.  You will usually find on the topmost floors on Donki.  I think this is the one in Shinjuku. I am not so sure. You find them arranged like this or inside locked glass cabinets.  I'm sure the artisans who made these bags will turn in their graves seein

Life Lately

For several months now, my husband and I have been juggling the EV importing business and this ambulatory center we are putting up.  In August, we hosted a grand birthday party for FIL, received balikbayans then sent them off.  The kids started school in August too.  Did I say that their schools are quite far from each other? It has been a busy past few months.  I am not used to waking up early every morning to bring the kids to school then head off to work.  I am starting to feel tired.   It is an adjustment.  At first, I was enjoying being an "empty nester" when all kids are in school.  But now that work is piling up, I miss those quiet times at home.   I am so looking forward to having a vacation soon. I need to recharge.